Please note this based federal funding program you may be interested in called “Innovative Solutions Canada”. Launched in mid December 2017 it is a $100 million program that invites Canadian small business to develop novel solutions to challenges proposed by federal departments and agencies, which is designed to fuel innovation and create middle – class jobs. These are on going and time sensitive challenges which revolve around a number of themes http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/101.nsf/eng/00001.html - scroll down to see the challenges. Below is a brief list.
· Engineered Surface Challenges – Closing Date Feb 26, 2018
· Artificial Intelligences and Big Data Analytics for Advanced Autonomous Space System – Closing Date tbd
· 3D printing and Additive Manufacturing: Metal Powder Bed Density Test Equipment – Closing Date tbd
· Advanced Coatings and Materials for Personal Protective Ensembles – Closing Date tbd
· Robust “Beyond Line of Sight” BLOS) Communications in Satellite – Denied Environments. – Closing Date tbd
More intel can be found via the below links .